Dunshelt

Hall History

The Village Hall was built in 1841 by Dunshalt Mutual Improvement Society at a time when the village was expanding rapidly. Over 100 years later in 1956 a local benefactor, John Duncan, gifted a piece of land adjacent to the Hall which allowed the building of an extension housing Kitchen, Meeting Room, Toilets and Entrance Hall. The new extension was opened in 1959 with the Hall as it still is today. 

In 1974 the Hall Trustees handed over responsibility for the management of the Hall to the newly formed Dunshalt Community Association, which carries out this duty to this day.